Back in January GrassTex launched a superior backing like no other. Primary backing plays a vital role in the overall design of an artificial turf system. ArmorLoc™ 3L is non-directional, dimensionally stable and ensures no excess movement. Combined, ArmorLoc™ 3L with Silverback™ urethane coating and specialized yarns work together binding the DNA of all three components creating a thermoset bond.
- ArmorLoc™ 3L has an extremely high tear strength. This strength provides the necessary proprieties that reduce the incidence of a rip or a tear in the product. This is due to the woven layers all working together like the tight weave of a basket or a carpet.
- Provides a better mechanical bond when utilized with Silverback™ and specialized fiber
No absorption –
- ArmorLoc™ 3L is moisture and rot resistant.
- Other products that retain moisture present perfect conditions for rot over time.
- Pet owners love this feature!
Improved Dimensional Stability –
- Less movement after the installation and over the life of the product.
- This improved stability addresses extreme temperature variations over the life of the product.
Manufactured woven and stitched together before fabrication. –
- Competitors take two backings and physically stitch them together when they tuft the product. This aftermarket fabrication method lessens the overall quality of the product.
- The two backings tend to move at different rates in the fabrication process leading to non-uniform product characteristics.